Pull up tutorial 👇 Apply for a feature following the link in our bio and we will publish your photos/videos in our account: @TrainingFervor .
Are you wanting to achieve your first pull up but don’t know where to start, or has your pull up progress plateaued?
if so, this is the post for you 😊
i learned to pull up/chin up when gyms were closed, so that’s why i’ve included exercises which do not necessitate gym equipment, i.e. you could practice these in a park with bars for example
i actually started out doing chin ups straight off the bat as these are slightly easier and i gradually progressed from there, but i know not everyone will be able to just *do a chin up* so that’s why i’ve included multiple progressions
1️⃣ bodyweight rows + seated pull ups
• this is to get you used to pulling your own body weight
• for rows, your chest does not need to touch the bar. engage your core and pull from your elbows as far as you can whilst maintaining a neutral spine. if you aim to touch your chest to the bar your lumbar spine (lower back) is likely to cave in
• with seated pull ups, pull from your elbows
2️⃣ bar hangs + scapula retractions
• bar hangs to strengthen grip and ability to hold your bodyweight
• scapula retractions help strengthen the initial part of the pull up
• pull your shoulder blades (scapulae) back & together so that they are “square” and push your chest out
4️⃣ banded chin ups/pull ups
• invest in a variety of different strengths to allow for progression
5️⃣ isometric holds + slow eccentrics
• isometric holds are when you hold the target muscle(s) in a contracted position - hold these for as long as possible and aim to progress
• slow eccentrics (the portion of a movement where the target muscle is lengthening) - because you are resisting against gravity, this will transfer over to the concentric part of the movement (the pull UP, when target muscle is contracting)
6️⃣ chin ups (self explanatory)
21 hours ago
So excited to share the first of many favourites of the outstanding @ef_fitness23 who travelled up to shoot with me at @bridgestreetgym recently 🔥
1 hour ago
Down 7 pounds since least update. 245 pounds at wake up. I feel amazing at this weight but I think another 10 to 15 less and I’m set. I’ll be running marathons with @ashleeprevail lmao 🏃🏻🏃🏼♀️
Hey, guys! It's Back Workout Day!
Did you know that the angle of your back determines what muscles working in this exercise?
Here's the Back Extension Machine and depending on the angle of your hips and curvature of your upper back, you can work different groups of muscles.
The first video is an exercise which you work glutes and hamstrings and the second video you work lower back muscles.
And why should you do any of these exercises? Simple, to strengthen your core muscles and prevent back pain.
P.s.: This post is for anyone (teens, men, women) who wants to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and feel confidente in their own skin. I teach you training techniques, workout routines, having good form, eating healthy and overall fun. I am here to motivate and inspire you, whether your goal is to lose weight, gain muscle, or just stay in shape.
If you have any questions about how to start training, just send a DM.