It is all about Maharashtra today !
👌🏻Tambda Rassa (red curry)
👌🏻Pandhra Rassa (white curry)
👌🏻Aalnicha bhaat (rice cooked in chicken stock)
Everything is cooked in chicken stock and there is one base masala with color variations. Not an exactly authentic Maharashtrian recipe but something close, that I make it my way.
- Dry roast 3tb desiccated coconut and 2TB sesame seeds with 2TB coriander seeds, 4 green cardamom, 4 cloves, 8-10 white pepper corn, 1 mace, 2 star anise and 1/2inc cinnamon until toasty. Try not to brown the coconut too much. Remove & Keep aside.
- In the same pan heat 1tsp coconut oil and fry one medium sliced onion, 4 garlic cloves and 1/2 inch ginger until onion are soft.
- Mix both the above and divide into half.
- Grind one portion as it is to smooth paste. Keep aside. Grind second portion with 4 roasted Kashmiri chillies.
- Marinate 500gm chicken in salt, 1TB ginger garlic paste and 1TB yogurt for 30min.
- Heat 1TB coconut oil. Add one chopped onion and fry until light brown.
- Add marinated chicken and fry until colour changes.
- Add 750gm warm water and cook for one whistle.
- Once done, separate stock and chicken.
1. Heat 1 tsp oil. Add white or pandhra masala and fry for 3-4min.
2. Add 300ml chicken stock and 2-3 chicken pieces and bring to a boil.
3. Add 1cup thin coconut milk and let it just heat up. Check seasoning. Done.
1. Heat 1TB oil. Add 3/4th of the red masala. Fry until oil separates.
2. Add 300ml chicken stock and 2-3 chicken pieces. Bring to a rolling boil. Done.
1. Heat a tablespoon oil. Add left over red masala and rest of the cooked chicken. Season with salt.
2. Fry until masala is well roasted and sticks to chicken pieces.
1. I pressure cooked 120gm short grain rice with 250gm left over chicken stock along with bay leaf.
You all wants to taste our main course cuisines.So, we are offering veg and non veg thali this weekend.
Options to pick
1. Dal Makhni
2. Paneer Lababdar
3. Kadhi Pakora
4. Lahori Chicken curry
5. Mutton curry
Sweets- Moong Dal Halwa
Note: Thali comes with Rice and Two chapaties
Price- CAD 10 Per Thali#thali
Tag a friend below that you want to try @curryupnow with! 😍 #ad They’re known for their one-of-a-kind takes on Indian street foods such as their Deconstructed Samosas (pictured) to Tikka Masala Burritos. In addition to those, I recommend the Thali Platters, Bhel Puri, & Mango Lassi! #Curryupnowatl is located at 915 Memorial Dr (and they also provide a variety of vegetarian and vegan options). #LiveForFood#IndianFoodLove#Indianstreetfood#Indianfood#ad