Mandatory Dussehra lunch at our place - maa di dal, steamed rice, dahi bhalle and today I also made fresh garlic and chilli pickle to go with it 🌸💫
The reason whole black urad is cooked on Dussehra at our place, is because after nine days of fasting when one switched from falahar to anaaj then a whole dal helps in helping the body adapt to the regular programming and provides a wholesome nutrition.
Hope you all had a beautiful day of celebrations with your families and friends too. 🌸
Though today marks the end of Navratri, but the festive season has just begun! The most exciting time of the year is here 🌸
Shubho Bijoya and Happy Dussehra ♥️
6 hours ago
Chicken Chop for Dashami celebration, perfect to have with evening tea.
In case you are looking for an easy recipe.
Chicken Chop Recipe
• 300 grams Chicken , minced
• 2 Onion , finely chopped
• 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
• 2 Whole Eggs
• 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
• 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
• 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
• 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
• 1/2 cumin powder
• Salt , to taste
• 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
• Mustard Oil , for deep frying
• Rusk biscuits crumbs , for coating.
1. In a bowl mash the potatoes and keep aside. Heat mustard oil in a deep frying pan/kadai. Add onion and fry over medium heat until light brown in color.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, kashmiri mirch powder, and salt. Mix and fry it over medium heat until the masala starts leaving oil.
3. Add Chicken keema and cook over low heat until the keema cooked thoroughly.It will take 15-20 minutes.Keep stirring in between. Add mashed potato, mix well. Adjust salt, if required.
4. Add garam masala powder, mix and remove from the heat. Keep aside, let it be cooled a bit.
5. Start making cylindrical shape.
6. In a bowl break 2 eggs.Whisk it and add pinch of salt.
7. Dip each chop on the whisk eggs and roll into rusks biscuits crumbs.
8. Heat oil in a deep khadi and fry in low heat till golden brown. Your chicken chop are ready. I like them with homemade Kasundi and few slices of onions.