Happy Monday everyone. Hope you had a great start to the week. So my Harissa paste obsession continues and this was a great find.
Found this @waitrose recipe and it was the brunch I needed. Slight change with the cheese 🤤 So much flavour. Really loving sweet potato at the moment. Are you a sweet potato fan?
Harissa sweet potato and chickpeas on toast
What you need:
* 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 400g), peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
* 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* Slice of your favourite bread.
* 1 garlic clove, halved
* 1 1⁄2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle to serve
* 1⁄2 lemon, zest and1⁄2 tbsp juice 2 tbsp rose harissa paste
* 25g pack mint, leaves picked
* 30g Feta
* 1 tbsp Mixed seeds
What to do:
1. Put the sweet potato in a large pan and cover with cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chick peas and boil for a further 5-7 minutes or until everything is soft and tender. Drain and leave to steam dry for 3 minutes, before roughly mashing with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, toast the bread and rub all over with 1/2 garlic clove. Finely grate the remaining 1/2 garlic clove into a bowl, then whisk in the oil, lemon zest and juice, harissa and most of the mint leaves; season.
3. Mix the dressing through the warm sweet potato and chick peas, then pile onto the toast. Crumble the cheese over the top and scatter with the seeds and remaining mint, plus a drizzle more oil,
This is all Gluten free as the bread I used was @warburtonsgf
Would love to know what sweet potato recipes you recommend ☺️
📸 @daniel_johneats ⠀